1. What American state was the first to make Christmas an
d. North Carolina
2. What is the shape of the candy cane modeled after?
a. A fish hook
b. A consillation of stars
c. The cane St. Nicholas used
d. A shepards crook
3. What was the name of the dog that belonged to the Grinch
in Dr. Seuss' book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"?
4. Which star led the Three Kings to Jesus?
a. Star of David
b. North Star
c. Star of Bethlehem
d. Angel Star
5. What was the name of Scrooges' dead business partner
in "A Christmas Carol"?
a. Jacob Marley
b. Bob Cratchit
c. Tiny Tim
d. Bill Sykes
6. Where did the real St. Nicholas live?
a. In Holland
b. At the North Pole
c. In Turkey
d. In Germany
7. What brought Frosty the Snowman to life?
a. Pixie Dust
b. An old silk hat
c. A kiss
d. A fresh snowfall
8. When you go Wassailing, what is it that you are doing?
a. Giving out gifts to your friends & neighbors
b. Going out in the woods to cut down your Christmas tree
c. Challenging as many of your neighbors as you can to a snowball
d. Going to visit neighbors and receiving goodies!
9. In the movie "It's A Wonderful Life" how do you know
that an angel has received his wings?
a. A light flashes
b. It starts raining
c. A trumpet sounds
d. A bell rings
10. Who was the author of "A Christmas Carol"?
a. Hans Christian Anderson
b. Charles Dickens
c. Thomas M. Sawyer
d. Mark Twain
11. What was pictured on the first stamp printed for the
a. Santa Claus
b. An Angel
c. A Star
d. A Rose
12. The poem commonly known as "The Night Before Christmas"
was originally titled:
a. The Night Before Christmas
b. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
c. A Visit From Saint Nicholas
d. The Night Visitor
13. Electric Christmas tree lights were first used in what
14. At Christmas, it is customary to exchange kisses beneath
a sprig of which plant?
15. Which of these events did NOT occur on Christmas Day?
a. Hong Kong fell to the Japanese in WWII.
b. Ebenezer Scrooge was visited by four ghosts.
c. King Arthur pulled Excalibur from the stone.
d. Charlemagne was crowned Holy Roman Emperor.