1. What relation was the Christ Child to John the Baptist?
2. Who was the Roman emperor when Christ was born?
3. Which emperor is credited with standardizing Dec. 25 as Christmas
4. Mary and Joseph journeyed from Nazareth to Bethlehem to be
enrolled in the imperial census. How many miles is that?
5. Where did the Grinch steal Christmas?
6. What family tradition did President Franklin Roosevelt insist
on performing every Christmas Eve?
7. In Truman Capote's "A Christmas Memory" what identical gift
was bestowed on the bootlegger, the bus driver, the knife grinder,
two Baptist missionaries in Borneo and the president of the United
8. What was True Love's gift on the second day of Christmas?
9. What did Harry Potter get for Christmas in his first semester
at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?
10. Did Norman Rockwell ever paint Grandma Moses?
11. What historic event heightened holiday spirits in Berlin
a decade ago?
12. Which newspaper assured a reader: "Yes, Virginia, there is
a Santa Claus?"
13. Why do we kiss under the mistletoe?
14. What is holly's symbolic meaning to Christians?
15. Who started the American tradition of poinsettia at Christmas?
16. True or false: The New England Puritans forbade Christmas
17. Thanksgiving has traditionally been the start of the Christmas
season in the U.S. Which U.S. President moved Thanksgiving back
a week to extend the holiday shopping season?
18. True or false: The date of Christ's birth is noted in the
Book of Matthew in the New Testament.
19. What contribution to the Santa legend did New York ad writer
Robert May make in 1939?
20. In what Broadway musical was the song "Have Yourself a Merry
Little Christmas" introduced?
21. What auspicious television event occurred in December 1965?
22. What auspicious television event occurred on December 24,
23. What legendary actor narrated the TV special "How the Grinch
24. What do the songs "Jingle Bells", "Winter Wonderland", and
"Sleighride" have in common?
25. Why is "O, Come All Ye Faithful" a Christmas carol but "Deck
the Halls" not?
25. The state songs of Maryland and Michigan use the melody of
what popular Christmas song?
26. What Christmas song was introduced in the 1942 movie "Holiday
Inn" ... and was almost cut out of the final version?
27. Who sang "I saw Momy Kissing Santa Claus?"
28. In which year was Queen Elizabeth's Christmas message to
the nation fist televised?
29. Where is Christmas Island?
30. True or false: America has an "official" Christmas tree.
33. True or false: More diamonds are sold at Christmas time than
at Valentine's Day.
34. What was so unusual about the Christmas season of 1989 in
35. In what year did Toys for Tots start making the holidays
a little happier for children?
36. When and where did the Salvation Army Christmas collection